Environmental Working Group (EWG) is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting human health and the environment with ground researches by professional scientists and experts. They launched Skin Deep, American’s largest cosmetics safety database, in 2014 to create online profiles for cosmetics and personal care products and their potential hazards and health concerns. The easy-to-navigate ratings enable consumers to choose safer products for their health and their living without toxin concerns.
Why EWG VERIFIED means for you?
EWG Verified recognizes products that meet EWG’s strictest criteria for human health. It’s a reliable mark with which you can trust that the products:
- Avoids EWG’s ingredients of concern
Products cannot contain any ingredients on EWG’s “Unacceptable” list, meaning ingredients with health, ecotoxicity and/or contamination concerns.
- Provides full transparency
Products must fully disclose all ingredients, including ingredients used in “fragrance.”
- Uses good manufacturing practices
Product manufacturers must develop and follow current good manufacturing practices to further ensure the safety of their products.
There are several ways to find out which products have earned the EWG VERIFIED™ mark:
- Look for the mark on the package. The EWG VERIFIED™ mark will soon be visible to shoppers making their way down store aisles or searching for products online.
- Check company websites. Companies with EWG VERIFIED™ products have information on their websites to show which of their products meet EWG’s health and transparency standards.
- Search our Skin Deep® database. Each EWG VERIFIED™ product will be flagged in Skin Deep®, with the mark appearing next to the Skin Deep® score. The mark also appears at the top of all EWG VERIFIED™ product pages.